Tuesday 28 August 2018

Robyn Peterson



            I hoped that on Monday when I went online my gmail problem would have gotten resolved, but there was still just a blank page. Later that morning I was just unsuccessfully trying to find one of the forums where I’d posted my problem when I clicked on the gmail icon and everything came back. I have no idea whether reporting the problem did any good or not since I received no notice, but the important thing was that I had it back. Google recently made changes to the gmail format and perhaps that caused glitches.
            I got my first modeling bookings lined up for the fall semester at OCADU. One in October and two in November, but I’m sure there will be more.
            At 17:00 I ventured out to tentatively take a long bike ride, but there were lots of puddles and I figured there might be lots more out in Scarborough and I didn’t fancy driving through them. Besides, it's hard to avoid glass when it's covered by dirty water. I've gotten flats from going through puddles before. I decided to just ride up to Bloor, across to Dovercourt, down to Queen and then to stop at Freshco on the way home.
            After locking my bike, as I walked towards the store I stepped aside and gestured with my right hand to let a cute little, maybe 40ish blonde woman in glasses pass. We seemed to have a moment as we smiled and our eyes met.
            I didn’t buy any fruit but just some yogourt and ice tea. I still have plenty of fruit right now and besides, it seems the BC cherry season has passed.
            I edited some poems in my book and I’m considering taking some or pieces of them out.
            I watched an episode of Mike Hammer, Private Eye. At least the 1950s Mike Hammer series had a variety of crimes for Hammer to solve other than murder. This story begins with two actors that hate each other, Linda and Calvin, who have also been married several times, fighting during the rehearsal for a play called “Countdown”. That night while Calvin is lying in bed he is bludgeoned to death with a heavy object. Later, Linda and Hammer are getting ready to have sex in Hammer’s apartment when the police knock on the door and arrest Linda because her fingerprints have been found all over the murder weapon, which is the base of an acting award. Linda is released on a bond so she can continue the play but then the fund raiser for the play is murdered and found in Linda’s dressing room closet and so she is put back in jail. Hammer discovers that both Linda and Calvin had won the same award but then the plaque with her name on it had been removed from hers and put on the murder weapon. It turns out that the producer killed Calvin because he wanted the play to flop so he would make more money that way.
            Linda was played by Robyn Peterson, who started out as a Vogue model in the 70s and a decade ago wrote and performed a one-woman show about her experiences called “Catwalk Confidential”. I'm sure she's had an interesting life and that there’s plenty write about in the fashion industry but I watched a clip of her show and both the writing and acting were pretty bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment