Friday 3 February 2017

Bill Collectors



            On Thursday I had an appointment with the dentist to get a denture, but when I arrived I was told that Dr. He had been called away on an emergency and that they had tried to call me to let me know. I get so many calls from bill collectors that I find hearing the phone ringing all the time to be nerve-wracking, so I tend to put my phone on vibrate and don’t always notice when someone is calling. I guess the receptionist is also an assistant there because offered to do the fitting herself, but my experience with dental assistants at Smile City has not found them to always be up to the standard that I’ve seen in other dental clinics. Most of them are still students and some of them don’t even know the names of the instruments they are being asked to hand to the dentist. She told me that Dr. He would be in on Friday so I took a Friday appointment for 12:30. I also learned though that though they would do the fitting beforehand it would take ten days for Ontario Works to approve the fitting and after that another two or three weeks before the denture would be ready. That means I have another month in which I’ll have to look and talk like a hockey player.
            I stopped at No Frills on the way home. I bought oranges, cinnamon bread, honey, yogourt, chips and mouthwash.
I watched the second episode of “Leave it to Beaver”, which was apparently supposed to be the first but they hadn’t gotten approval from the censors because they showed the back of a toilet. It turns out that this was the first television show to ever display a toilet tank.
            The third episode involved the aftermath of Beaver having gotten a black eye. When he didn’t want to say who had hit him it seemed obvious that it had been a girl. His father had wondered why he hadn’t fought back, and then he gave him some boxing lessons and told him that it wouldn’t be a bad thing if he punched the kid. When Ward discovered that Beaver had been punched by Violet Rutherford and that he’d already left for her house, he thought that Beaver had gone to fight her. He had, but when he asked her if she wanted to fight, she said she didn’t, so they spent the day together walking around and having fun while the parents of both kids were searching for them to prevent any bloodshed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment