Wednesday 31 July 2019

Progress


            On Tuesday morning it was raining heavily when I got up and it was a lot cooler than usual. Later on the sun came out and it warmed up considerably.
During song practice I didn’t notice much difference in having my E and B strings the same gauge. Maybe the B will break sooner but I don’t know. The B should be a 17 rather than a 13 but the difference is small. My guitar actually stayed in tune better than it does habitually.
            I worked out a few more chords to “J’suis snob” by Boris Vian.
            I started memorizing “Puisque je te le dis” by Serge Gainsbourg.
            I worked on my journal.
            I moved my left speaker and washed the section of my living room floor in front of the left side of my mantle extending outward about a meter and ten boards wide. On the next session I’ll extend that strip a little further into part of the most worn section of the floor because that’s where the wheels of my computer chair have been rolling around for two decades.
            For lunch I had roasted potato and leek soup from a carton with potato chips.
            I did some exercises and took a bike ride to Ossington and Dundas, down to Queen and home.
            I cut up a chicken that I’d been thawing all day, sprinkled it with salt and cayenne and roasted it.
            I worked on a page of my bedbug diary. I still haven’t decided if it will be a poetry collection or a work of prose.
            I had nine tiny potatoes, broccoli, a chicken leg and gravy for dinner. Pieces of chicken always taste so much better when I cut the chicken up myself.
            I watched two stories from “The Veil” TV show.
            The first was kind of a “Rear Window” story with a supernatural twist. Edward Paige comes home from work and begins to make dinner. He looks out the window and sees a burglar committing a robbery in the apartment across from his in the next building. The tenant comes from another room and the thief hides. She discovers the money from her purse has been stolen. He grabs her from behind, she bites him to get free and then he hits her and kills her with his flashlight. Edward immediately goes to the police and tells them what happened. Two detectives accompany him to the woman’s apartment but they find it empty. In fact they learn that no one has lived there for a few months. Edward is taken to a psychiatric hospital. Shortly after he leaves the woman that he saw murdered stops in front of Edward’s building. His landlady is on the front steps and the woman asks her for a certain address. A few days later Edward is released from Belleview. Meanwhile the woman that he saw murdered has rented the apartment across from his and furnished it exactly as he’d described it. She puts on a cha-cha record and dances her way to the other room. The burglar arrives just as Edward had seen before and he kills the woman. When the same detectives that Edward had spoken with previously discover the murder exactly as Edward had described it they suspect that Edward had planned it all along. That didn’t explain how he knew that a woman that was in Chicago when he’d seen her in New York was going to be murdered or how he had described every piece of furniture that she was later to buy from three different stores. Edward goes through the police mug shots and remembers that the killer had a cauliflower ear. They pick up the killer and Edward tells the cops to look for a bite mark on his arm. The killer confesses.
            The murdered woman was played by Vici Raaf.
            The second story takes place in India. Santha Naidu began remembering a previous life when she was five years old. Now that she is a young woman she has full recollection that she is Sita Vernoy, the wife of Armand Vernoy, who is now in his sixties. She died after giving birth to Armand’s son Krishna who is now one year older than she is. Krishna is hoping to travel to study in the United States but Armand has invested unwisely and cannot afford it. He misses his wife who was always far better with money than he. The reincarnated Sita travels to Armand’s home in another city and presents herself to he and Krishna. At first Armand doesn’t believe but Santha knows details that only Sita would know. When she learns that they need money for Krishna’s education she reveals where in the house she had hidden the priceless jewels that Armand had given her many years ago. Armand believes she must be Sita reincarnated but does not know how to accept this much younger woman as his wife and so she leaves.
            Not a single person in this story was played by an Indian actor.
            Santha was played by Lee Torrance.
            Santha’s mother was played by Iphigenie Castiglioni.
            Krishna was played by George Hamilton in one of his first roles. I wonder if this part inspired his famous tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment