Thursday 11 July 2019

Rolled in Decadence


            On Wednesday morning I almost finished memorizing “Di doo dah” by Serge Gainsbourg.
            9:00 was my time to go onto Acorn to enrol in my fall and winter courses. I picked the first year course Introduction to Indigenous Studies for my Social Science credit and
Aesthetic and Decadence Movements for my first fourth year course. I was the first student out of twenty to enrol in that course. I was done in five minutes. This was the earliest in July I’ve ever enrolled. Fourth year students get first choice in courses.
            I cleaned the little green bookshelf in my living room. I decided to get rid of all the math, chemistry and physics books that were there. I have extra literature books piling up with no room on my other shelves so I figured I’d put them on the top half of my green shelf.
            I had a cheese, tomato, cucumber and sausage sandwich for lunch.
            I did some exercises and took a bike ride to Dundas and Ossington, down to Queen and home.
            David bought me a chicken shawarma and a small salad. He wanted me to help him with the password to the place downstairs but the password didn’t work. I know that’s the last one that I connected with and I assume that if it had changed I wouldn’t be able to get on the network. Benji thinks that I might be able to connect anyway because my computer has “the data" but in the past when they've change the password I couldn’t connect until I used the new one.
            I tried to do some work on editing my poem “I Saw My Reflection in an Open Wound” but the work I needed to do to rethink a certain stanza would take more than late afternoon brain power. Instead I worked a bit on my Bed Bug Story.
            I had the salad and the shawarma for dinner with a beer. The salad was a strange combo of green peppers, feta and chickpeas.
            I watched an episode of The Untouchables. A respected judge who is running for mayor of Calum, Illinois on an anti-corruption platform is up against the crime syndicate that is using the small town while it escapes from the heat in Chicago. The judge is run over by a car after stepping out of the street side door of a cab because the cabby has told him the inside door is jammed. At the coroner’s inquest it’s clear that the coroner and the police chief are on the take and the cabby is lying. We find out later that his brother’s life had been threatened if he didn’t cooperate and tell the judge to use the outside door. The judge’s daughter Rosetta continues her father’s campaign an attempt is made on her life. The mob boss Morelli tells his men to kill the cab driver in an abandoned mine but the feds save him just in time. Morelli controls the police force but Ness brings in outside cops to break the operation.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment