Thursday 11 November 2021

November 11, 1991: It was a holiday and so I didn't get a welfare cheque as I'd hoped I would


Thirty years ago today

            It turned out that Monday was a holiday and so I didn't get a welfare cheque as I'd hoped I would. Even Central Guaranty was closed so I couldn't ask them who I was supposed to pay my rent to.  
            I didn't get through to Nancy until it was too late in the day to see my baby. We arranged to meet on Tuesday. She said she hadn't arranged for an appointment with that Kitchener group yet because she needed my whole schedule. So I called Wayne and found out that the entire week was empty of work until Saturday. 
            I tended to watch “The Shirley Show”, “Dini Petty”, and even (ugh!) “Eye On Toronto in the A.M., then “Midday News” before turning the TV off to listen to the radio until “Taxi” came on, then “WKRP”, “The Addams Family” (which really wasn't that funny), “Video Hits”, “Golden Girls”, the news, and then after that, it depended on what was on. I was bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment