Wednesday 3 November 2021

November 2, 1991: There was a "sold" sign outside my building, so even if I'd had the rent I didn't know who to pay


Thirty years ago today 

            On Saturday I was at Don Mills and Eglinton for 10:00. I spent thirteen hours working outdoors and we finished at around 23:00. 
            I called Nancy when I got home to ask when I could see my baby. She said she'd already arranged for us to meet at Judy's place on Sunday. 
            I worked on collages and projects and watched TV until quite late. 
            I didn't know what I was gonna do about the rent. I didn't have the money but even if I'd had it I didn't know to whom I should pay since there was now a “Sold” sign outside my building. It felt like everything was falling down around me. It seemed to correspond with the emotional devastation of not having access to my child, as if that was also connected to my financial situation falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment