Tuesday 3 May 2022

May 3, 1992: I refused to let my daughter's grandmother pick her up because of her driving


Thirty years ago today

            I saw my daughter on Sunday because I wouldn’t be able to take her the following weekend. Her mother brought her by at around 11:00 on her way to church. She was shitting every day now. She had a routine she did at my place. She would crawl to the kitchen drawers and dig stuff out. I’d rigged up a string to keep her from opening it so far, but she could still reach stuff like batteries and thumbtacks, so I had to watch for that. Then she would go into the bathroom, look in the tub and then lift the toilet seat. She went to sleep late again. Nancy wanted the baby’s grandmother to pick her up, but I refused because of her dangerous driving and so I brought her back to Scarborough myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment