Friday 8 January 2016

Everybody Gets A Gun


           


            I could hear the screaming homeless woman making noise throughout the night from her nest on the bench across the street. When I got up on Thursday I could see her stuff on the bench and heard her underneath my window yelling at the donut shop. When she’s not shouting “FagOTT!” and “Cocksucker!” she screams about money. The only complete sentence I’ve been able to make out is, “You wanna make more money! Over my dead body!” She actually sounded like she was crying last night while she was sorting out all her stuff and talking about money. Her things were gone from the beach just before 7:00, when I finished my yoga. I noticed that the kitchen light at the Capital Espresso was on but I don’t know whether she just left before they arrived or if she’d been asked to leave.
            The internet was a little quicker on Thursday. Maybe because my King Crimson downloads had finished.
            I took the last load to the Laundromat of clothing that had been taking up space in the kitchen for the last several months. There were a whole family of gypsies in the Laundromat. I mention it because one doesn’t usually see several generations of any family all at once, doing their laundry. They were all sitting and standing around between the washers and the dryers and blocking the way. The old man in the cap saw that I needed to get by and cleared a path for me while the old bleached blonde woman sat in her chair looking at me but without moving.
            I watched the last episode of the most recent season of South Park. Everybody in South Park gets a gun. Cartman is watching a movie but his mother tells him it’s bedtime. He says he’ll go to bed after the movie. She tells him it’s a school night and insists that he must go to bed. Suddenly Cartman pulls a gun on his mother and tells her that he’s going to watch the movie first. She pulls a gun on him and commands that he has to go nighty night. He keeps his gun trained on her but gets up from the couch and says that he’ll go to bed. She keeps pointing her gun at him as she tells him she loves him. He backs up the stairs with the gun still aimed at his mother and says, “I love you too mom! Goodnight!”
            I watched the last episode of the 8th season of the Big Bang Theory and the first episode of the 9th. The stories are comically soap operatic these days. I can’t really say much more without revealing major relationship events.
            I read half of Soren Kerkegaard’s “Philosophical Fragments”. It’s pretty complicated. He’s communicating something about the relationship between Reason and Paradox in the Moment and weaving it all into Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment