Sunday 10 January 2016

Field Recorder Failure


           


            On Saturday I didn’t take a long bike ride. I just went out to the liquor store to buy two cans of Creemore and then rode to Freshco to buy milk, bananas and yogourt.
            A few days ago I found out that I only got a B-plus on my Children’s Literature course. I was pretty disappointed, because it really felt like I was excelling in the course in terms of insights that I shared in class and the ideas that I putdown in my essays. B-plus is the lowest mark I’ve gotten on a second year English course.
            I downloaded the syllabuses for both Continental Philosophy and the Short Story course. It looks like there won’t be an exam for either course. The philosophy course divides the final mark into four equal categories: 25% each for two essays, 25% for participation and 25% for a “final exercise”. The short story course syllabus says there is one essay, one mid-term test and one final test, which I assume will be in class.
            I have already read, in previous courses, some of the material for the Short Story course. In the case of “Bluebeard” by Donald Barthelme, I really like Barthelme’s writing a lot and actually have the book the story contains, but I don’t remember right now what it was about. Probably Bluebeard.
            I received a message from Nick Cushing, informing me that our second attempt at recording his script has failed because the audio was horrible. That machine can’t do something like that to my voice! This time it’s personal!

No comments:

Post a Comment