Tuesday 4 September 2018

Mimi Lesseos



            On Monday my leg was still bothering me just as much while walking as the day before. It didn’t feel quite as bad though while throwing my leg back into the position that caused the pulled muscle in the first place. It could be that I was subconsciously holding back in the stretch though.
            During song practice as I played and looked out the window a black squirrel was on top of the power line chasing a grey squirrel and the grey squirrel was hanging on to the underside of the wire as it ran away.
            A few weeks ago I saw a squirrel crossing Queen along the power line and halfway across it went onto the westbound streetcar power line. It went a few meters, then thought better of it and came back. It looked like it was born this year and new to the aerial crossing game.
            Up until the early afternoon rain was still forecast for the time that I would normally take my bike ride. But when I got up from my siesta at 16:10 the rain prediction had disappeared. I started to get ready to leave. My bike was off the hook and in the hall and I had one minute before leaving when I looked again at the forecast and suddenly there was a prediction of rain for 19:00. A minute later, at 17:00 there was a sudden shower and so I stayed home.
I got caught up on my journal.
I changed the G and the D strings of my guitar and the battery in my guitar tuner.
I roasted chicken legs and had one for dinner with a potato and half the gravy I used to have. I really did eat too much grease.
            I watched an episode of Mike Hammer, Private Eye. In this story, Tony, the world traveling lover of Hammer’s friend Maya, has come for one of his rare visits. After he’s gone to sleep, knowing that he will be leaving in the morning, she slips her picture and a love letter into his wallet. The next day we see that Tony is some kind of spy as he drives to a remote part of the city to locate a capsule hidden inside of a secret door in a brick wall. Next we see his vehicle blow up. Hammer gets a call from the police and comes down to the scene of the explosion where he finds out that Maya's boyfriend is dead, killed by the Mossad and that he'd been working for the Iraqis. Before hammer has a chance to get to Maya to give her the tragic news, the Mossad kidnaps Maya and are going to torture her to get information about Tony that she does not have. The Mossad’s leader in New York is an attractive martial arts expert named Be’Zulla. She is snooping in Maya's yoga studio when she is attacked by an Iraqi agent. She kills him and Hammer walks in. He tries to make a deal to find out where she’s keeping Maya. She says she'll think about it. Later she gets dressed sexy and enters hammer's apartment to wait for him but when Hammer arrives Be’zulla is dead. Meanwhile the Iraqis raid the Mossad headquarters, kill the Israeli agents and take Maya. Hammer finds out that the Iraqis own an oil refinery in New Jersey and that a large number of Iraqi refugees are being sheltered there. Hammer disguises himself in a burqa and enters the compound only to find Maya happily singing in Russian to the refugees as they adoringly listen. Hammer breaks the news to Maya that Tony is dead but she says he isn’t and just then Tony arrives as the compound is attacked. Tony gives them all grenades to throw at the enemy and they escape. It turns out that Tony is a double agent who is really working for the CIA but that his boss at the CIA has crossed over and is working for the Iraqis. His job is to kill an arms dealer who is on his way to the UN to reveal that Saddam Hussein has chemical weapons but hammer and Tony kill him.
This story took place in between the Persian Gulf War and the post 9-11 Iraq War. The whole excuse for invading Iraq was based on the belief that Saddam Hussein had chemical weapons. Of course, no chemical weapons were found in Iraq after Hussein had his WMDs destroyed under UN inspection. The aftermath of the Iraq war was the incubator for ISIL.
Ba’Zulla was played by martial arts champion and professional wrestler, Mimi Lesseos.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment