Saturday 23 April 2016

Maybe Baking Soda Can Defeat Terrorism (It seems to work on everything else.)

           


            On Friday I went to teach my yoga class at PARC, but no one showed up, for the second week in a row. The catch 22 is that no one wants to be the only student, but if everybody that hadn’t wanted to be the only student over the years had stayed, the class would be full by now.
            I spent most of the rest of the day studying for my exam and got a sore right wrist from moving my mouse to edit the document from which I was studying in order to organize it in such a way as to fit better in my brain.
            My brain was exhausted by evening, and what with planning on studying all day Saturday as well, I was looking forward to taking a break and going out to the Plastiscene reading series on Sunday. When I looked on their Facebook page though, I discovered that they’d had their April event on the 17th. I guess since that was the third Sunday of the month, that makes sense, but I didn’t receive a notice. I guess I was too distracted by school to think about checking heir calendar earlier.
            I had to throw into the laundry hamper a pair of socks that I’d washed the day before because I stepped on the couch while wearing them, right into a spot where my cat Amarillo had left his stinky drool. Later on I washed the couch and then sprinkled it with baking soda in hopes that it would absorb some of the odour. Amarillo avoided the powdered surface for a few hours until he finally decided to try lying on the stuff anyway, but only for a while. For some reason he didn’t find it comfortable.
            I watched a couple of episodes of I Love Lucy. In the first one she asked Ricky to buy her a freezer after showing him an ad that claimed that it would pay for itself. Ricky said that as soon as the freezer paid for itself they’d get one. In the second show, Lucy did a TV commercial for a bottled vitamin concoction that was 23% alcohol. She was very good at first but after several takes in which she had to sample a spoonful of the product, she got more and more drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment