Thursday 9 June 2016

Paladin

           


            There was a chance of thunder showers predicted for the afternoon of Sunday, May 30th, and I was looking forward to the break from taking a bike ride that the rain would give me. I thought for sure it was going to happen too, as around 16:00 the temperature dropped considerably and the sky became overcast. It didn’t happen though, so I went riding because I needed the exercise. I rode out to Torrens and Pape and visited several streets south and west of there.
            I would have been glad to stay home but once I was out and moving I was glad to be out there too. I’m starting to feel like some of the winter fat is coming off.
            That night I watched an interesting episode of Have Gun - Will Travel. It was a kind of cowboy murder mystery in which Paladin is captured, along with two other men wearing black, by a wealthy man whose wife has been killed. Paladin and the two others are suspects. The husband had caught a glimpse of a man in black with his wife, had fired as the man was escaping and inadvertently shot and killed his own wife. That was the husband’s story, but it turned out that he’d actually murdered his wife half an hour after the man had run away. Nonetheless he considered one of the men he’d captured to be the murderer because he had caused him to want to shoot his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment