Wednesday 7 February 2018

Newman's Own




            On Friday morning during song practice I got frustrated with my clip-on tuner. It’s usually the B and high E strings that go out of tune, but when I was hitting the B, sometimes it would register as E until I’d hit the string several times and then finally show the correct string. I switched the battery from the AT4 tuner that I was using to the Fender, and suddenly the problem went away. Maybe there’s something wrong with the circuitry of the other one.
            It occurred to me later that morning that I had forgotten to get my rent money out of the bank and it had also slipped my mind to pay for my phone service. When I’m late for my pre-paid plan in a short month like February I always feel like I’ve ripped myself off, so around midday I rode over to Freedom Mobile to pay for my February service. After that I went east on Queen to the Bank of Montreal between Bathurst and Spadina to get my rent money and some extra for shopping. On the way home I stopped at Freshco. I got blackberries, grapes, oranges, bananas, ground beef, tostados, sour cream, extra old cheddar, yogourt and some Newman’s Own roasted garlic dressing. It says on the Paul Newman products “all profits go to charity”. I assume though that by profits they mean after everyone that runs the company is paid, including the highest paid executives. The CEO of Newman’s own makes $300,000 a year and puts in a 30-hour workweek.
            I watched the tenth season finale of The Big Bang Theory in which, while Amy is across the country at Princeton, a young, tall, attractive, blonde scientist puts the moves on Sheldon, though he doesn’t know it until she kisses him. He says, “Excuse me a moment” immediately leaves, takes a taxi to the airport, flies to New Jersey, takes a cab to Princeton, knocks on Amy’s door and when she opens it he is on one knee holding up a ring in a case and asking her to marry him.
            I watched the 11th season premier and it shows Amy accepting Sheldon’s proposal. We also see that Bernadette has just discovered that she is pregnant again. Howard freaks out and so does she. They try to pressure Penny and Leonard into having a baby too so they won’t be all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment