Thursday 5 April 2018

Kim Hunter



            On Sunday I broke my fast with bacon and eggs for breakfast and real milk in my coffee.
            I worked on the journal entry about my most recent food bank adventure.
            For lunch I had a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich.
            For dinner I had more bacon and eggs and watched an Alfred Hitchcock Hour teleplay. This one starred Kim Hunter who won the Academy Award for the role of Stella in A Streetcar Named Desire. Her look and performance in this story was so different that I didn’t even recognize her. She played a fake psychic that, with the help of a partner who handles the electronics, scams bereaved parents that have lost their sons in the war. She is very good at it and makes people believe she is putting them in touch with their dead children. One wealthy widower becomes so attached to her for her ability to connect him with his son that he asks her to marry him. She moves into his mansion. He begins to see her as a mother to his dead son and she has so convinced him that his son is in a better place that he decides that there is no need to wait to go see him. He takes a gun and kills her and himself. Hunter's acting was better than the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment