Saturday 9 June 2018

Aesthetic Cargo



            On Tuesday morning it was much colder than it’s been lately and so I kept my sweatpants on for a little while during yoga, but stripped down to my underwear later on. 
            The day continued to be cooler than usual but I was okay in shorts in my apartment because the last few days had warmed it up I guess.
            I worked on my review of Shab-e She’r and was definitely in the home stretch when I decided to go for a bike ride in the afternoon. I hadn’t had a decent ride since the Wednesday before and I felt like I was vegetating. I was wise enough to wear a long-sleeved shirt over my             tank top and I really could have worn jeans and been quite comfortable but pedaling with shorts on warmed up my legs after not very long.
            I seem to be the only cyclist out there that says “thank you” while passing someone that’s moved over to the right after I’ve warned them from behind.
            On the Danforth a purple truck carrying purple garbage passed me. It must be difficult to coordinate one’s cargo with one’s vehicle all the time like that.
            There was a tall box put out to the curb for recycling that had tipped over so that half of it was lying in the street. Thinking that it was empty I gave it a kick with my right leg as I sped by in hopes of knocking it closer to the curb but it was actually heavy and it kind of wrenched my leg a bit. It felt weird for the rest of my ride but it was okay later. I’m getting to old though it seems to kick box with boxes.
            I took a bit of a risk at Main when I charged out and started crossing just as the yellow light was ending.
            I rode to St Clair and Pharmacy and then I went south. A woman on the passenger side of a car called to me as I was riding. I thought she was asking for directions and so I stopped, got off my bike and walked over to her but when I got there she only asked me for a cigarette.
            I watched two episodes of Dobie Gillis.
            Dobie falls in love with a nurse who is older and in love with the doctor for whom she works. He fakes a disease to put himself in her care but his pretend symptoms are those of a highly contagious disease, which causes panic through the city.
            Dobie picks flowers in the park to give to a girl but a cop catches him who turns out to be the father of the girl. The cop threatens Dobie's father with little violations committed by his supermarket and Dobie's father threatens the cop about him being overweight against police regulations. They find out they are Lodge brothers in the Order of the Bisons though and want their kids to get together but by that time. But she no longer wants Dobie because on every date he brings Maynard along.

No comments:

Post a Comment