Friday 8 June 2018

Is Budweiser the Worst Beer on Earth?



            On Sunday I worked on getting caught up on my journal and since it rained in the afternoon I might have made more progress towards that goal, but then Nick Cushing messaged me that he was in town and so I had to put that aside. I did a quick clean up of my bathroom and cleaned the rim of my tub so I didn’t have to hang my shower curtain on the outside to hide the dirt.
            When Nick came I gave him one of the Budweisers that David had given me but Nick didn’t like it very much.
The last time Nick was here he talked about moving back to Vancouver Island but now it looks like he’s going to stay in Hamilton for the time being. There were very specific circumstances that returning to the Victoria area would have required and they didn’t line up the way he’d hoped so it looks like he’ll remain an Ontarian for a while longer.
Nick left at around 20:00 and I got back to my writing.
That night for dinner I had eggs and toast with a beer and watched to episodes of Dobie Gillis.
The first was just about Herbert being afraid to sign a will because he believed he would immediately be on death’s door if he did. His wife convinced him and he suddenly felt old. Then he dreamed about dying and how his sons would run the grocery store after he was gone. Dobie would teach the cha-cha to the customers, David would teach golf and it was a big success.
In the second, Dobie meets a rich girl who takes a liking to Dobie because she assumes that since he dresses like someone of the working class, that he likes to work. He tries to work to impress her and she gets him a job at her father’s shoe store but when he’s too tired to dance in the evening she goes out with a fellow rich teenager instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment