Monday 27 August 2018

Abstraction



            I spent a lot of Sunday writing about my Saturday food bank adventure.
            The coffee shop downstairs has changed their password three times this weekend, but the only thing they change is to make the first letter a capital and then to switch it back later to small case, etc. 
            It was quite warm and very humid when I took my bike ride in the late afternoon. For a Sunday there were a considerable amount of cyclists heading east. I rode up Birchmount and headed northeast along Raleigh to Kennedy. It was a pretty simple ride since Raleigh is mostly an industrial avenue just north of the railroad tracks and there are no southern side streets to explore. Kennedy goes over the end of Raleigh on a bridge and so I had to weave around and then go up a ramp to head south.
When I got home my gmail wouldn’t work. There was no error message and I was able to access everything else under my Google account, such as my blog, and so it obviously wasn’t a password issue. I submitted my problem to a few forums and maybe officially complained to Google, as far as they read those things. It hadn't resolved itself by the end of the night.
I watched an episode of Mike Hammer, Private Eye. As usual, the story begins with a murder that Hammer has to solve. This murder was of an acclaimed abstract expressionist painter who also happened to be the lover of Hammer’s secretary, Velda. There was a lot of making fun of abstract art, and the director made sure that the art displayed in this story was pretty bad. It seemed like kind of a dick move to present the genre according to the stereotype of it being something anyone can do, when there is some powerful abstract expressionist artwork out there. It turned out that the owner of the gallery that sold the painters works had killed the artist to drive up the prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment