Saturday 18 August 2018

Hookers



           When I started yoga on Thursday morning a woman walked by across the street in a very short and tight green dress which she filled out with an extremely out and up behind and she wore her curly hair in a very high and vertical mushroom cloud. I wondered where hookers are working in the area these days.
            Sometimes my tuner says my guitar’s in tune but it isn’t but if I loosen the B and E strings and re-try it comes out right. It seems to happen like that more often when it’s humid.
            I didn’t take a bike ride in the afternoon because there was a chance of rain but I did ride down to Freshco to buy fruit. I got cherries, peaches, nectarines, two eye of round steaks, some Greek yogourt and a big box of Raisin Bran. The cashier exclaimed under her breath, “The cherries are so expensive!” I spent almost $75, so I guess she was right. Three bags of BC cherries came out to about $20. I sure wouldn’t have had the money for them before this year. It’s a good thing I don’t any other expensive vices besides eating good food.
            I watched the second episode of Mike Hammer, Private Eye.
            In the story an investigative TV show does an exposé on a paint manufacturer named Dean, claiming that he dumped toxic chemicals into the Hudson River. He goes to ask Hammer to prove he’s innocent. Meanwhile the reporter that did the report has turned up dead and the gun is found at Dean’s house. Dean is arrested for murder. It doesn’t help that he admits to sending a death threat. Hammer forms a relationship with Beth, the producer of the show, who in the end turns out to be behind the reporter’s death.
            Hammer sees the mysterious woman again. She smiles at him in a hallway but he turns his head and she’s gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment