Tuesday 9 April 2019

Robert H. Harris



            On Monday morning I wanted to spend a solid two hours reading in preparation for my exam nine days away. But I knew I wouldn't be able to do it without sleeping first and so at 11:00 I went to bed. I don't think I slept much but it seems I got some rest because I was able to read for an hour before lunch, finishing re-reading Thomas Quincey’s “Confessions of an English Opium Eater” and after my salad I re-read Lord Byron’s “Manfred”.  In the evening I read the first canto of Byron’s “Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage”.
            I found that after all this reading my vision was a bit blurry. I am near sighted, but I haven’t had any problems with reading before. I hope I don’t need reading glasses.
            I had a salad with honey-dijon dressing for dinner and watched The Rifleman.
In this story a famous lawman named Jay Jefferson comes to North Fork looking for a man named Pete Dawson who has been wanted for robbery for ten years. Everyone is in awe of Jefferson but Marshal Torrance knows that Jefferson always chooses dead over alive. There are two middle-aged men in the North Fork area that roughly meet the description of Pete Dawson. Jefferson decides that Curly Smith is the man and he kills him in his hotel room, claiming that he drew first. Lucas rides out of town to talk with Frank Hardy, who also looks something like the man on the wanted poster. Jefferson collects the $2000 reward from Micah and is about to leave when Lucas rides up with Frank Hardy, who confesses to being Pete Dawson. Jefferson pulls a gun on Micah and Lucas. He disarms Micah and asks for Lucas’s rifle. Lucas tosses it to him and while he’s distracted knocks him out. Jefferson is arrested for the murder of Curly.
Both Curly and Frank were played by Robert H. Harris, whom I've seen guest star on several TV shows but he also starred in the 1958 film, “How to Make a Monster”.

No comments:

Post a Comment