Tuesday 3 September 2024

September 3, 1994: My band played for the corn roast on the Mississauga farm


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday me and my band Christian and the Lions went out to play for the annual corn roast at the communal farm in Mississauga where our drummer Mike Martin was living. Everything about heading out there got going late and so I had time to make the chili. Steve Lowe came to pick me up and then we drove to get Tom Smarda. The next stop was the house where Rocky Capano lived with his elderly parents but we had to wait an hour for him to be ready. Once we were underway we had a blast singing together all the way out to Mississauga. We didn’t get to play until after 16:00, but we did two full sets with a lot of fucking around and a lot of noisy farm kids playing around the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment