Tuesday 19 July 2011

Christmas 1979

In the slow
explosion
of morning,
by the restaurant's volcanic light,
I find
in a box
of meteor rocks
an alien-
transvestite.

She is wearing
a mask
she has carefully carved
out of the burning flesh of martyred lust,
and I find myself
wanting this
strange little bird
to be dancing on her knees to my
animal thrust.

But this woman can't get love,
because she got no womb
to catch it in,
and this lady can't be courted
because she aint no lady in the living end.

But I swim in the strangest state
of longing
as she sits pouting
over there,
glaring defiantly
at the clientele
until she stumbles upon my stare.

The waitress
lights up
her cigarette,
and she takes a long sensual drag,
while along with the smoke
through those red, flaming lips I feel my breath is slowly taken away.

But this woman can't get love
because she got no womb
to catch it in,
and this lady can't be courted because she aint no lady,
and in the end
she's like some flightless bird
in a paragrine falcon's dress.
She's exquisite
food
for my fantasies
but my fingers need smoother slopes
to caress.

No comments:

Post a Comment