Tuesday 26 July 2011

Sleep in the Snow




I don't want to work but I will
and I will try to be happy.
I didn't want to get up but I did,
I had to take a pee.
But now I can't get back to bed,
I guess I'm just too lazy.
Don't it make you wanna
go to sleep in the snow?

Laziness makes everybody
so damned impatient.
Too lazy to chase a rabbit?
Why don't you throw a stone?
Too lazy to climb a mountain?
Invent a helicopter
that flies to the top so you can go to sleep in the snow.

Oh, don't it make you wanna go to sleep in the snow?
Don't it make you wanna turn away and go?
Diving through a needle to the veins of nowhere?
Hanging on to someone even though
you know
that they don't care?

Too lazy to face the Moment
go out and get a career
and pick the leaf of a company check right from the tree of Power,
from which you dangle by your neckties
( The only sex you'll advertise)
and you can get blessed and magnetized as you rub against the corporate stone.
But it takes a pretty big charge to refrigerate a bed of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment