Friday 22 July 2011

Recurring Vision of a Myopic Third Eye



Intravenous
McDonalds:
the restaurant of the future
and the fastest food of all.
Into the blender
go the roaches and rats,
and the world is now a very clean ball.

Suicide
Seven-Eleven:
a delicious hemlock Slurpee.
Free fill-up with
cremation,
a drive-through death for the sick or depressed,
it's now a less
neurotic
nation.

Radio Shack for  amnesiacs:
sweet memories made
to order,
cheap
generic
identities,
some microchips go in the headcheese dip
and hey look ma, no penitentiaries

MTV please empty me,
see me be
in a 3D-O,
virtual
banality,
high-tech sex let me beam you a cheque
so I can dance on hold to your melody,
dance on hold to your malady.

1 comment:

  1. Please note that I came up with the title "Myopic Third-eye" at least thirty years before there was ever a band called Third Eye Blind.

    ReplyDelete