Wednesday 17 August 2016

Dream Water

           


            It wasn’t as hot on Sunday, June 26th as the day before, but it was muggier and so I was sweating sooner when I took my bike ride.
            Bloor was closed off to traffic from Bathurst, I assumed to Spadina, for the Annex Family Festival, so I rode north on Bathurst. I decided to go all the way to St Clair and then to go east. I don’t think I lost any time. I went to Airdrie and Bayview and then took Airdrie east. I continued past Millwood and dipped down the side streets to Sutherland. One of those streets was McRae, where a couple of storefronts have had their signs painted over and they are clearly being used as residences. There are a lot of new buildings in the area but it’s pretty run down anyway. Airdrie ended at Crofton, so I went to Laird and headed south. I had to pee so I stopped at the Golden Griddle. It was a crappiest Golden Griddle I’d ever been in, but I didn’t need to ask to use the washroom this time.
            At Yonge and St Clair was a variety store with an ad on their window with a picture of a guy holding a little black bottle. The caption said, “Having trouble sleeping? I get a great night’s sleep with Dream Water!” It sounds so nice it’s creepy. It’s probably a harmless placebo though. I looked it up and found that there is already one lawsuit against the stuff in Florida. Another article by someone that seems to know his chemicals says that one of the ingredients may cause a reaction when taken along with several medications. Also there are no peer-reviewed studies of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment