Tuesday 16 August 2016

Goodbye to PARC

           


            As I promised myself, Friday, June 24th was the last chance for students to show up for my yoga class at PARC before I packed it in, called it quits, said goodbye, sayonara, adios and arrivederci. This would make it two months of no one coming and I was really hoping that nobody would show. After half an hour of waiting, I unhooked my fob from my key ring, closed the door on the Healing Centre, handed the fob in to Richard in reception, shook his hand and left for good.
            When I got home I sent an email to Tracy Cocks, the volunteer coordinator at PARC, to inform her that the room was now free on Fridays for something that members of the centre might actually be interested in.
            Later, I drove through the hot, but for a change fairly dry late afternoon air to continue my exploration of the Leaside neighbourhood. I took Moore and then Southvale to Millwood and then went up to Randolph, which I followed north, dipping east to Laird on the way, until Randolph ended south of Eglinton.
            On one of the side streets I heard a clanging bell coming from a little green van. It was a mobile knife sharpener. I hadn’t seen one of those guys for years. I recall that there was one in Parkdale when I first moved into this apartment.
            On the way home I took Yonge Street all the way to Queen, passing the nervous circus of buskers and evangelical clowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment