Monday 2 October 2017

Pins and Needles



            I woke up from my siesta on Friday on my back with my right arm still asleep, my hand under my head and my elbow in the air. A dangerous position because I couldn’t move or bend it and moving and bending it was what I needed to do in order to wake it up but moving it the wrong way would injure me. The only thing I could do was to flex my shoulder until it pumped enough blood into the crook to make the numbness go away.
            There were some powerful cloud formations outside my window on this chilly day. Even if I hadn’t had so much writing to do I might have stayed inside.
            A line from the episode of Maverick that I watched: “What’s the good of having a yellow streak if you don’t know how to use it?”

No comments:

Post a Comment