Saturday 14 October 2017

Wally Boag



            On Friday morning when I got up there were guys with rollers painting new lines on the crossings at Dunn and Queen with ladder rung cross lines that I assume are there to guide the vision impaired. They did the same thing the night before where Queen crosses O’Hara. I looked it up though and the zebra markings are not specifically for the vision impaired but rather to alert drivers that this is a pedestrian crossover and they have to wait for them to step onto the curb before they can turn.
My ancient refrigerator really needs to be defrosted because the freezer storage space has shrunk to a small hole in the ice. But I have too many food items that could go bad in the process. If it were freezing outside I could put things on the window ledge but I didn’t have that option on Friday. Instead I took a hammer and a screwdriver and used them to chisel a large portion of the ice away. I had filled up the kitchen sink with ice before I got tired of my effort. There was also a lot of melting ice on the floor that it took half a roll of paper towels to mop up. I managed to make a little more room in the freezer but it was amazing how much ice was still there after all that work, which was most of it.
            I watched the second Mickey Mouse Club broadcast. It was special guest Tuesday and their guest was Wally Boag, who made balloon animals and played the bagpipes but those were just a means for him to do his fast-talking jokes. He said, “I’ve made quite a name for myself doing this. I don’t like the name but I’ve made quite a name.” It turns out that he’s the person that gave Julie Andrews her big break when she was 12 years old.
            I got all caught up on my journal entries and I was hoping that we wouldn’t have a posted question to answer for Philosophy tutorial, so I would have to read Abelard and write a paragraph. Hopefully I could get that done in part of Saturday so I could get back to work on my essay, which had to be turned in with the paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment