Saturday 2 February 2019

Feeling Light



            I spent a lot of Friday writing about the Poetry Master Class of the night before. That consumed so much of my time that I didn't bother going to the supermarket.
            I weighed myself naked and I was at 90.7 kilos. That means I’ve lost 1.4 kilos in the last two weeks and it puts my BMI at 25, which is just at the top of normal. I’ve been feeling lighter lately.
            For dinner I boiled a potato, heated a piece of pork and made gravy out of roast pork juices. I watched an episode of Peter Gunn. This story begins with a rumour that the soon to visit state governor is going to be assassinated. Two of Gunn’s contacts pass the rumour along. A woman in a car pulls up and gives Gunn an address. He goes to an apartment where a man behind a bamboo screen offers to provide information about the location of a high-powered rifle meant to kill the governor in exchange for $100,000. Later Gunn tells the man he'll get the money and so he tells him where the rifle is. When thy find the weapon they have a sneaking feeling that it was too easy. The governor comes and goes with a lot of police security. Meanwhile a million dollars is stolen from a bank downtown. Gunn learns that the head bank teller was involved. After talking with Gunn some fake cops pick up the teller. Gunn follows them but too late before they kill the teller. Gunn and the real cops show up and catch the crooks. I figured out at the beginning that the assassination was probably a smokescreen for a robbery.
            I looked at a couple of the poems Blythe submitted for comment this week. They're longer than her usual ones and she seems out of her element with extended poems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment