Saturday 9 February 2019

The Gentry Are Sensitive




            I spent at least two hours on Friday reviewing the workshopping of my poems from the night before in the Poetry Master Class.
            That night I got a call from my landlord saying that the couple in the building next door have complained to the city about the loudness of my singing and that I’m going to receive a notice.
            I wonder what it’s like to be a complainer and not live in peace with a neighbour. The gentry are so disadvantaged!
            When one practices singing one is supposed to practice as loud as possible and so I’m not going to change that. I can try flipping up my couch futon vertically against the wall when I practice and see if it muffles the sound.
            I had a potato, a chicken breast and gravy for dinner while watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory.
            Spoiler alert!
            In this story Leonard is a few days away from donating his sperm to Penny’s ex boyfriend Zack so he and his wife can have a baby. He’s supposed to not have sex for three days. Penny’s father (played by Keith Carradine) comes to visit and lays a bit of a guilt trip on Penny. She seems upset about Leonard going through with the sperm donation though she says she isn’t. Finally Leonard decides that he doesn’t want a child out there that is not his own. Sheldon wants to do it but Amy won’t let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment