Thursday 1 October 2020

October 1, 1990: Nancy liked Lolita better than Dr Strangelove


Thirty years ago today

            I rushed home after work so I could change and meet Nancy at the Kingsway but it was already 18:18 when I got there and then I had to take a crap. The streetcar was a wait and the subway was delayed and didn't get to the station until 19:00. I was ten minutes late but I didn't miss much of "Dr Strangelove". I didn't see Nancy until the movie was finished. She'd only recognized Peter Sellers in two of the three roles he played in the movie. 
            We decided to stay for the second show, which was Lolita. Nancy liked it a lot better. We'd both only read half of the book. I'd seen both movies two or three times each and still enjoyed them. 
            Nancy's foot wasn't getting any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment