Saturday 21 November 2015

Arguing with the Traffic Light


           

            I spent some time on Friday working on my essay. It’s starting to pull together, but it seems there’s never a day when I have three hours to pour into it. I went to teach my yoga class and I was surprised when an actual student showed up. It was a woman who I think came once to my Sunday class about three years ago.
            On my way home, I was standing across the street from my place waiting for the walk signal. A late middle-aged guy who I see almost every day was standing at the other side. He always wears bright coloured tracksuits with matching hats, either in yellow, red or a combination of the two. He started shouting at the light as he was waiting, “Come on light! Change! Why don’t you change? I want a little change in the afternoon!”
            That night my landlord came to my door to tell me he couldn’t get an appointment with the exterminator until December 4. When I had told him last week that I was only available on Monday or Friday this week, he misunderstood that I meant that Mondays and Fridays were my only options any week. It may not be a panic. Eight days ago, the last time I searched for bedbugs, I was only able to find two live ones by digging them out of crevices in the doorframe, and neither of those were very healthy. I haven’t seen any crawling but I’d better do another search soon to add more evidence to my theory that they are gone.
            I watched the second episode of Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe. The aliens steal Cody’s spaceship and try to use it to take uranium from Earth to their home planet so they could build a fleet of ships like Cody’s. He uses his rocket suit to intercept them. They capture him and tie his hands but he manages to sabotage his ship so they needed him to fix it. He tricks them into surrendering. They try one more time to physically overwhelm him while the ship is spinning out of control, though for some reason they aren’t being tossed around inside the ship. Cody knocks them out and lands the ship just in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment