Wednesday 23 March 2016

Putting Brain to Bed

           


            On Monday morning, after spending about half an hour on my Nietzsche essay, I put it on hold to focus entirely on my Gabrielle Roy paper, which would be due in a little over a day. As I moved things around and worked on refining each paragraph of my argument, for hours I found myself still on page four. The only times I went online were to look up a word or to try to find a synonym for another word. I didn’t feel I could spare the time to cook anything elaborate and so I just dropped some onion soup cubes in a pot with some water, threw some broccoli into that, then a can of chick peas, a can of mixed vegetables and a jar of pasta sauce. I ate the soup while staring at my essay. By the end of the day I’d thrown in the closing statement on a five and a half page paper that my brain was too tired by that time to edit, so I put my brain to bed so it could freshly tackle the beast in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment