Monday 14 March 2016

The First Gods

           


            On Sunday morning while doing my yoga, I was from being on my stomach, pushing myself back into the cobra pose. From this position I look out my window to the sky and suddenly noticed that it was dark. It dawned on me that I couldn’t see the dawn because the clocks had been moved forward. I sleep with my phone, which had reset its own clock over night, but now my wristwatch is right again!
            Laundry had to be done, but I decided to forego that until Monday and to not go anywhere for a change because I had two essays on which to work.
            I re-read and made notes on the second essay of Nietzsche’s “Genealogy of Morals”. I like the idea that ancestors that had fallen back past the frontiers of human memory became the first gods.

            I re-read Gabrielle Roy’s “The Road Past Altamont” and made notes along the themes of exile and belonging. That from which we are exiled becomes a secret that is kept from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment