Tuesday 8 March 2016

Self Awareness is a Mutation. Get Over It

           


            On Monday, for most of the day, I didn’t feel any of the cold symptoms that I’d experienced the night before until the end of the day again. It could be that the way I felt was more just a bi-product of being on the tenth and eleventh days of my fruit fast. There were just three days left and then on Friday I’d be able to eat salads with dressing and drink black tea.
            I spent a lot of time writing on the various topics for my Short Story essay on Gabrielle Roy’s “The Road Past Altamont” in order to find out which topic I had the most to write about. I narrowed it down to topic three, which gives us a choice of two from four pairs of opposing themes. I was fairly certain that one of the pairs I’d write on would be “belonging and exile” but I still hadn’t settled on which I would choose from “openness and secrecy”; “youth and old age”; or “time and distance”.
            I re-read the first sixteen pages of Heidegger’s “Letter on Humanism”. He doesn’t think that humans are animals because he doesn’t think that we would have being if that were the case. I don’t see why not.

            I watched the twelfth episode of the first season of Dragnet from 1951. These are true stories, so I don’t know why none of these guys the cops interrogate ever just say they will only speak through their lawyers. They always eventually just talk until they incriminate themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment