Thursday 10 March 2016

The Shrinking Paycheque of an OCADU Model

           


            On Wednesday I worked my last booking of the year at OCADU. I got fifteen more hours of modeling gigs at college during the previous spring semester than I did in 2016. That amounts to a loss of more than three hundred dollars. In 2014 I had sixty more hours than I did in 2015.
            I worked for Diane Pugen, who is nice but demanding. She always tries to haggle a little more out of me in terms of posing time than I’m willing to do. Our contract says we don’t have to pose longer than twenty minutes at a time without a five-minute break in between, and I stick to that. Diane always asks for and extra five or ten minutes and looks disappointed when it’s not given.
            During the break I overheard a young woman tell her friend about a guy that she was talking to about a gallery opening they would all be going to. He suggested, “Maybe I’ll bump into you there.” And “If you see me there, say hi.” She told her girlfriend that she was thinking, “Bump into me? Just ask me for my phone number!”

            That evening after posting on my blog I realized that I’d forgotten to recount some things that I’d forgotten the day before. On my way home from class on Tuesday, I had stopped at Freshco and when I came out I saw that I’d forgotten to lock my bike. Fortunately it was still there though. When I got home I found my door unlocked and that I’d forgotten to take my phone with me. I was wondering if I’m showing the symptoms of Alzheimer’s. I’ve noticed though that when I’m in the midst of the school year I tend to be more forgetful of ordinary things than when I’m not.

No comments:

Post a Comment