Saturday 18 March 2017

Laughter is a Revolution



            Friday was the first day of my annual two-week fast.
            I spent a lot of the day getting caught up on my journal. Once that was finished I took the notes on a mood that I’d jotted down on Tuesday and from them I wrote my second ghazal, called “Laughter is a Revolution”:

When leaders say things that are dumb
laughter is a revolution.

In the July heat a drunken man
staggers north in a Santa hat.

The wrestler is quoting Jesus
“Turn the other fuckin cheek!” he says.

On LSD some gentlemen
get really quite intelligent.

Almost all of the people
wanted sex with the Beatles.

This man attacks in anger
I punch him back with laughter.

On a freezing day in the trees
the blackbirds go crazy.
.
During the reading of the poem
he snores with his mouth open.

No comments:

Post a Comment