Thursday 23 March 2017

Waiting for a Wounded Highway Tool to Heal



            Wednesday was the sixth day of my annual two-week fast. I’m living basically on orange juice, grapes, oranges, avocados and tomatoes. I only sleep twice a day as usual, but I enjoy it more.
I guess this thumb wound that I have is bigger and deeper than I’d perceived. At first had thought that it was just a little prick but it’s really a cut that’s almost a centimetre long. So even if it’s healing it’s still going to hurt because it will heal from the ends first and so the middle will continue to be touching stuff, like a guitar pick when I play and it hurts just as much every day. I have to strum very lightly to diminish the pain, which turns down the volume on my guitar, which makes the notes sound different and causes me to sing in an unusual way. It would be a real rip off if the thumb that took me down so many highways across Canada and part of Europe were to end up stinging permanently after settling down.
            I spent a lot of the day working on updating my journal and finished it that night. I tried to work on my latest poem, “My Mind Whispers Blindly”, but I got tuckered out.
            I went to bed half an hour earlier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment