I finished memorizing “Docteur Faust” by Serge Gainsbourg and translated the second verse.
I weighed 91.4 kilos before breakfast.
I played my Martin during song practice and it went out of tune all the time.
Around midday did my laundry two weeks after the last time so yesterday’s vacuuming wouldn’t be a waste of time in fighting the bedbugs.
I weighed 91.85 kilos at 15:30, which is the lightest I’ve been in the early afternoon since August 4, which was the last time I did my laundry.
I took a siesta and woke up too late to take a bike ride.
I weighed 92.45 kilos at 19:15.
I was still three days behind in my journal and worked on getting caught up.
I made pizza on my last slice of Rudolph’s sandwich bread with marinara, skyr, tomato pesto, a sliced hot Italian sausage, and five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a glass of Creemore lager while watching season 2, episode 2 of Wednesday on Discord with my daughter Astrid. My daughter has the flu and only had it before a few months ago in December. She had influenza twice last year. I advised her to get the flu shot before flu season starts since she’s so prone to getting the virus. As far as I remember I’ve only had the flu a couple of times in my life.
This was a particularly good episode of Wednesday.
Wednesday wakes up at home after having collapsed in convulsions after the last episode. goes to see former Sherriff Galpin in his home and finds dead and horribly dried out. Suddenly a murder of crows come flying out of his mouth and escape the cabin by smashing through the windows. Wednesday touches him to access her psychic powers but they don’t work as she's lost her ability.
It’s prank day at Nevermore and everybody but Wednesday is using their powers to prank other students.
Wednesday finds one of Galpin’s eyes in the room she shares with Enid.
Meanwhile Pugsley is hiding the zombie he brought to life in Eugene’s bee shack. It’s hungry and they try to feed it honey but it spits it out all over them. Pugsley names it Slurp.
Wednesday wants to go see Tyler at the psychiatric hospital to find out if he is connected to his father’s murder but needs a ride and so she poses as Enid when her nerdy driving instructor arrives. She terrorizes him by commandeering the car and driving like a maniac. We see her experience explained in a flashback to when she used to drive the getaway car for her Uncle Fester’s robberies when she was 8. Wednesday meets Tyler’s psychiatrist who approves of her visiting Tyler because he’s been unresponsive and thinks her presence might give him a needed jolt. Tyler is chained to a wall with an electric shock collar which a guard triggers a few times when he lunges at Wednesday. He doesn’t seem to know anything about his father’s death.
Back at Eugene’s bee shack Pugsley is about to enjoy a brain sandwich and offers some to Slurp who greedily eats the whole thing.
When Wednesday returns to Nevermore she discovers that Enid and her boyfriend Bruno have been kidnapped by Wednesday’s mysterious stalker. Wednesday is particularly worried because the last time she had a vision was of standing before Enid’s grave. Wednesday with the help of Thing follows her stalker’s clues to the tower where Enid and Bruno are chained but making out under several blades that are lowering to kill them. Wednesday solves the final clue, the answer to which is The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells and the blades stop falling just millimeters above Enid and Bruno. Wednesday’s stalker reveals herself to be Agnes DeMille, who has invisibility powers. She is an admiring fan so obsessed with Wednesday that she wears her red hair in the same style as her.
Slurp escapes from the bee shack and attacks Wednesday’s driving instructor. He’s eating his brains at the end of the episode.
Agnes is played by Evie Templeton, who was born in Barbados but moved to London when she was 7. She attended the Tring Park School of the Performing Arts. She made her TV debut in Life After Life in 2022 and her film debut the same year in Pinocchio. She co-starred in Lord of Misrule.





No comments:
Post a Comment