Sunday 6 September 2015

Batman Crossing The Street, Poison Ivy Crossing The Park



           

            Jonquil went into heat early Sunday so I couldn’t open the door for circulation until later because I could have her out in the hallway howling at 5:30.
            I finished transcribing all the phone numbers that I recognized from my old phone to the new one.
            As is often the case, I wasn’t looking forward to my evening bike ride. Maybe it just comes from my tendency to not like to begin or end things. There is also the fact that I just have stuff on which I’d like to spend more time at home but it can’t cut into weather permitted exercise. If it rains I get a little gift of an extra hour or so but it hasn’t rained in a while.
            Once I started I wasn’t out of my funk but it was a nice evening for clouds. There were large ones with character and depth and with contrasting shades and textures as I rode up Brock Avenue. By the time I was riding up Dufferin, north of Bloor, the clouds to the north had blended and gotten more boring, but at Dupont, as I looked west, they were quite spectacular, with some clouds serving as the sun’s lampshades and other darker vertical clouds floating in front of the light show. Later there were broken sheets of small,  clouds with the light behind them, serving as a nice background for larger clouds.
            By this time my blood had been pumping enough to wake up my brain and I started finding my surroundings interesting.
            Where St Clair dips into the ravine near the St Clair West subway station, Batman was waiting for a walk signal to cross over to Loblaws, while Poison Ivy, who I assume had just left the Dark Knight, was cutting fairly quickly through the park. She looks pretty hot in person, but a little nervous.
            On Yonge Street, north of St Clair I stopped to pee at a Starbucks that had the air conditioning turned up so high they could have doubled as a meat storage facility.
            I turned right on Balliol. It’s pretty much a corridor of high rises all the way to Mount Pleasant. I dipped down Pailton, which curves down to Merton and has a few older low, brick buildings on it.
            As I was going south on Mount Pleasant, I noticed a house across the street that had tied back curtains on the front porch. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them before, but it seems like such a sensible thing to have it can’t be that unique.
            On Yonge, just south of Bloor, some of the storefronts on the east side are in some very nice old buildings. I made a mental note to come back in brighter afternoon light and take some photos. After those buildings though Yonge Street looks like it was thrown together for the most part.
            On College Street, the Medical and Related Sciences Heritage Building combines quite nicely with the modern glass buildings next to it.
            I unlocked my front door to the panic of sirens that kept on hurrying ever which way for several minutes after I was home. Sirens always sound so annoyingly needy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment