Friday 4 September 2015

Thank You For Peeing In Our Restaurant

      
     
       As I was drinking some water to prepare for my bike ride on Tuesday, I looked out my window and saw a very friendly little brown off leash dog across the street, running from person to person as they passed, then running to one of the planters put on the sidewalk by the Parkdale Business Improvement Association to pee on its base every thirty seconds. I was worried that it might be lost, but whenever no one was passing by it would stand for a few seconds beside a woman who was talking to some people in a car in the Dollarama parking lot, then it went to pee again. I assume it was that woman’s dog.        On my way up Brock Avenue, a car suddenly wove around to pass another car. Once it was in my lane and a car length from me it accelerated straight towards me before veering to the right. That was a scary moment!
       Since on Sunday I finished exploring every street and alley south of Eglinton and West of Yonge, I rode this time along St Clair to start investigating every street north and east of Yonge and St Clair, though east of Bayview I still have to explore the streets north of Danforth.
       On my way down Yonge Street I had to pee really badly but I waited till I was near the bottom of the hill. As I locked my bike I had to keep myself from doing the side-to-side “got to pee” dance. I went into the Rosedale Diner and they were very friendly. The towel dispenser was kind of like a hungry hippo mechanism with a big chomper one had to pull down before it spit out a part of the roll. On my way out, the waitress said “Thank you!” It’s the first time anyone’s thanked me for using their washroom.
       At College and Spadina as I walked my bike across to head south, I could see a big bright, deep red sun peeking from between the buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment