Saturday 19 September 2015

Fat Bike


           

            On Friday I was prepared once again to leave PARC early because I didn’t think that anyone would come to my yoga class. I was almost disappointed when Lee walked into the room. Lee is the very first student I had when I began teaching at PARC three years ago. I asked him if he’d seen Shelly and he said that he had. It was good news to hear that she’s fine, but she’s just doing something else on Fridays these days.
            That evening I started my bike ride, half expecting or at least fourty percent expecting rain. As I headed north I started to feel little insect kiss raindrops once every few seconds. While climbing Dufferin I felt it increase to a steady tickling of rain, but not enough to make me turn back. At Oakwood and St Clair, a couple in their late middle age were crossing in front of me when the woman looked up and said to her husband, “It stopped raining!”
            I continued along St Clair to Mount Pleasant and then went north one block to head east on Rose Park Drive until it ended a few blocks later.
            On my way home, at Queen and John, a young man was riding a bike with tires three times wider than those of a mountain bike. Apparently this is called a “fat bike” and it’s a trend these days. The advantage is more for off road riding and because of the tires there is less reason to have shocks.
            At Shaw and Queen I waited what seemed like a very long time for the light to change because a guy was leaning on the lamppost on the corner puffing very quickly on a cigarette. It seems to me that quickly smoked fags produce much more second hand smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment