Wednesday 16 September 2015

Transfiguration


           

            As it had only been a week since I’d last prepared my place for the exterminator, I figured on Monday morning that there would be less work getting ready, so I took a little time after yoga for song practice. Once I started my preparations, the only really time consuming chore was vacuuming my couch. It’s amazing how much cat hair shows up on a black futon when one’s cats have white bellies.
            When the Orkin guy came just before 11:00, he asked me to move my bedroom futon out into the living room.
            On my way out, I talked to my new neighbour Greg. He was getting his place sprayed for cockroaches but told me he’d only seen a few “teenagers”.
            I rode over concrete that was blazing in the midday sun, up to Yonge and Manor. I then headed east, dipping down the southern streets to Belize. This was the first neighbourhoody area that I’d explored north of the graveyard. Everything else had been mostly high-rise apartment buildings. This residential section was a bit of a rollercoaster maze of dipping, turning shorter streets.
            I rode into the parking lot of the Anglican Church of the Transfiguration and looked around in curiosity but it didn’t transfigure while I was there, so either the transfiguration already occurred or else the transfiguration is pending.
            When I got home I’d eaten up almost half the four hours I was supposed to stay away from my apartment. The kitchen isn’t sprayed during these bedbug treatments, so not many of the fumes had crept out from the living room. I had laundry that I’d washed, rinsed and drained by the time the technician had come and so I thought I’d better take advantage of the nice weather and get my wet things hung up on the railing out back.
            After that I took a chair out on the deck and sat out there for half an hour or so. I went back inside an hour before I was supposed to but the air didn’t feel that toxic.

No comments:

Post a Comment