Tuesday 9 February 2016

Are US Companies Reading Canadian Emails?

           


            On Monday at 6:10, for the first time in my memory, instead of the French language program, Matin Toronto coming on, the English language program, Ontario Morning was broadcast instead until 6:25 when suddenly Matin Toronto kicked back in. It must have been a technical glitch. I did learn though that when one sends an email in Canada it is routed through US servers, and since there are no laws protecting it, any information in those emails can be accessed by US companies.
I spent most of Monday cutting and pasting notes from Kierkegaard’s “Philosophical Fragments”. Whenever I found anything that I wanted to argue with in my upcoming essay I also added that idea to the essay file. I’ve accumulated about three and a half pages of ideas, but I have yet to come up with a thesis.
            I read J. G. Sime’s “An Irregular Union”, the story of a woman trapped in a romance with her married boss; and also her “Munitions”, the story of a woman liberated from servitude and repression by taking a job in a munitions factory.

            My cat Jonquil is in heat again, but unlike last time when my cat Amarillo didn’t seem interested, perhaps because he wasn’t well, he’s been on top of her half the time. She’s quieter when he’s doing that but the apartment is cluttered with little pieces of her hair that he’s kneaded off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment