Sunday 14 February 2016

Winter Static

           


            I’m back in that ultra dry time of year when I start getting shocks from certain metal objects and electrical switches. It seems to start when the hygrometer goes down to 20 or below.
It’s amazing how time gets eaten away by the things one has to do when one really has to do something else. On Saturday I had just over two days left to turn four pages of disorganized notes into a seven page essay, but I needed to buy kitty litter and so I had to take the time to bundle up and ride through the bitter cold air to the No Frills. I noticed as I left my building that the dead pigeon that had been on my ledge had finally fallen to the sidewalk. What an extreme contrast to the warm weather of just a week before! Since I couldn’t really carry groceries and a big bucket of kitty litter at the same time, I dropped off the bucket and headed down to Freshco to buy a few things.

            From the early afternoon on I tried to work on my essay. I tried to find a way to keep all my notes and find an additional argument along the lines of the possible guidelines. By nighttime it was a little more organized but I still had no thesis. By bedtime I had a thesis that I wasn’t happy with but it was something more than not having a thesis. I sent it to my TA for feedback but he didn’t get back to me before I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment