Monday 1 February 2016

Søren Over My Head

           


            On Sunday I began giving birth to a groaning baby cold but it was still as yet only a tadpole in the salty mud puddle in my throat. I’m sure it will blossom into fat frog over the next few days. When I was active though, it didn’t feel so bad. I reread four chapters of Soren Kierkegaard’s “Philosophical Fragments”. He seems to be saying that one can’t prove that there’s a god without deciding first to believe it. God will always be illusive as long as we look for a likeness with us but god offers us the truth by becoming like us. Faith and the paradox are one and the same. The paradox is to reason what passion is to a lover. The paradox destroys reason? I don’t know!

            I listened to Amos and Andy. Andy didn’t know how to file his income tax return, so he got his girlfriend, who was good with numbers to do it for him. He didn’t want her to know though that he only made $250 the year before, so he put $7,000 on the form, thinking that he could just take the form back from her after she’d done his taxes and transfer the numbers. What he didn’t realize was that she did his taxes for him at her place of employment, which was the Internal Revenue office, and when she was done she just filed his claim for him. The taxes on $7000 would have been $1200.

3 comments: