Sunday 28 February 2016

Supernatural Forces Turned Two Beds Into One

           


            I usually keep my computer on all night because it’s the best time for downloading and uploading torrents. Since the café across the street from which I get my signal is closed at night then there’s no competition. I turn my computer off at 6:00 to rest it for a while and then back on a little after 8:00. On Saturday though, when I started my system I got a message asking me if I wanted to run system repair or to start normally. Since “system repair” was recommended, I chose that option, but it went nowhere. I tried restarting and choosing “start normally” but that didn’t work either. I was starting to worry that my system had crashed and that I’d need to get another computer so soon after the last, but then I wondered if this had something to do with the new hardware I’d bought. I noticed that the external hard drive was still powered on, so I shut it off and restarted my computer. It started normally.
            That night while watching an episode of the Donna Reed Show, I wondered when that strange practice of TV married couples sleeping in separate beds came to an end. I looked it up and found that they didn’t have a couple sleeping in the same bed on a regular series until 1964 when Herman and Lily Munster on The Munsters shared a bed and also Darrin and Samantha Stevens hit the same sack together that same year on Bewitched. Obviously then, it took supernatural forces to turn two beds into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment