Wednesday 4 May 2016

Annoying TV Doctors

           


            On Friday morning I got up feeling sore from my longer than expected bike ride the evening before. It didn’t affect my mobility very much during yoga though.
            In the afternoon I went to teach my yoga class and was disappointed when a student actually showed up. It was Anna though, my most regular yogini. Almost every pose I gave her to do produced a cramp in her leg.
            Afterwards, since I was already dressed and rolling, I decided, rather than going home, to just continue up to Bloor and to take my bike ride. Traffic is actually much heavier at 15:30 than it is at my usual 18:00 though. I had to squeeze between machine and curb, a long row of cars jammed up along Brock Avenue. I guess it was the pick up one’s kids after school rush hour, or maybe it was just that Friday’s regular rush hour starts early.
            When I ride out somewhere far I always feel like something is dragging me back. It seems so much quicker coming home. I went to Broadview and then north to Hillside Drive, which is a curved dead end. A saw a woman sweeping her driveway while wearing her purse.
            While I was riding down Yonge Street, a northbound taxi was turning left on Gerrard. I had the right of way, so I kept on going in front of him. As I passed he said, “Fuck off!” and I assumed it was to me.
            I’ve been watching a couple of episodes of the first season of Gunsmoke every night. It wasn’t even close to being as good a show as Bonanza was. Bonanza had so many dimensions to it with the history of the father and his sons from three different mothers. It was also better written and better acted. Gunsmoke has a town doctor that is even more annoying than McCoy on Star Trek. The old physician barks while he speaks and he’s so tense that he looks like he’s going to have a heart attack himself. I also wonder if Dennis Weaver needed physiotherapy to correct how it must have screwed up his body while performing his role as the limping Chester.

No comments:

Post a Comment