Tuesday 10 May 2016

Breathing Exercise

           


            The heat was blasting in my apartment when I got up on Sunday. I don’t think it was cold outside so it’s hard to believe the thermostat in the hall was responding to the temperature.
            My cat Jonquil has been in heat, but this time it hasn’t been as annoying because this time Amarillo is horny too and so he’s been keeping her fairly quiet.
            I got almost caught up with my journal entries and though it had rained earlier, no falling water of any kind was in the forecast for the evening, so I took a bike ride.
            The sky was nice because although it was cloudy, it wasn’t fully clouded over, allowing for lots of highlights to give the dark clouds shape and definition. On the eastern horizon was a rocky mountain range of white-capped clouds. It was chilly going over the Bloor Viaduct, I guess because the rain had cooled the river down. I explored the streets north and east of Broadview and Danforth until Jackman and Browning. There was only one alleyway, behind Jackman Avenue, that had some old brick garages. The graffiti on the garage doors was pretty amateurish though.

            On the way home, at Spadina and Queen, two young women with yoga mats passed in front of me while smoking cigarettes. Breathing exercise, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment