Monday 30 May 2016

What's Socrates's Favourite Restaurant?

           
         


            On the morning of Thursday, May 19th I rode up to Social Services to deliver my income report because I’d forgotten to mail it on May 15th. I also needed to buy kitty litter, which I always get at No Frills because it’s cheaper there, but since their box isn’t easy to carry, I brought my empty bucket along so I could transfer the clay to it and hang it from my right handle bar.
            I took a bike ride at around 17:30. There were big chunky clouds in the sun with heavy dark parts for drama. At Bloor Street a guy was walking his big dog, when halfway across Brock Avenue it stopped and took a crap. In the Annex, a woman with long red hair and blonde roots was wearing a long, green velvet dress. As I travelled east along Bloor Street the clouds were too big to be beautiful until I was crossing over the Don Valley Parkway where the clouds to the north were like upside down mesas. I rode up Pape Avenue to Aldwych and then down Muriel. As I rode west along Danforth I noticed that there are a lot of Greek Restaurants in that area. It occurred to me that they should consider that stretch a Greek community and maybe even organize some kind of annual festival featuring Greek cuisine. I wonder which restaurant on the Danforth Socrates hangs out at.

No comments:

Post a Comment