Thursday 19 May 2016

East End Alley

           


            For the second Friday in a row, no one came to my yoga class. I waited till 15:00 though. When I went to the washroom I met Bob Rose, who asked me, “How are things in the yoga world?” He’d spoken like this to me in the past, so I thought I’d clear things up this time. I told him that I teach a yoga class but I don’t really live in the “yoga world”, that it’s not a big part of my life and that I’m more of an artist.
            When I left PARC, I went straightaway into my bike ride. The sky was rich with bright sunlight and an endless field of big fluffy clouds. I rode out to Logan and Danforth, and then I explored the alleyways on each side of Logan. Both of them go for quite a ways and end in dead ends to the north. The eastern side alley is considerably narrower and visually more interesting. It had the feel of being older. I stopped to photograph a vine covered shed behind a house. There were some murals to the south on some garages and walls, but they were airbrushed and professional looking. They didn’t have that rebellious feel that makes graffiti charming to me, so I didn’t photograph them. One can tell it’s a working class neighbourhood more from the backs of the houses than the fronts.
            I stopped at the Black Swan to pee. The downstairs bar is pretty scuzzy.
            There were lots of people walking around the Danforth and sitting on patios, enjoying the beautiful weather.
            On my way back across the bridge, one cloud distinctly gave me an enthusiastic thumbs up.
            On my way west along Queen, after Bathurst, I heard someone say, “Hi Christian!” and it was Evangeline Marsh again. I have run into Evangeline randomly in different parts of town than I have anyone else. On top of that, when I do see her, it’s always in an area where she doesn’t even live. I wonder if there is more than one Evangeline that all have the same consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment